- Brown 1lb. of ground beef with onions and garlic in the bottom of a 5 qt pan
- Add 4 cups of water and 1 beef bouillon cube.
- Add one can of diced tomatoes (rinse can, add water to pot)
- Add one can of tomato sauce (rinse can, add water to pot)
- Add your vegetables.
- For this batch I used frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, carrots); 1 can of collard greens and 1 can of seasoned black-eyed peas (the last two are optional depending on your preference for vegetables.
- Add salt, pepper, and any other seasonings desired.
- Bring to a boil, turn to medium low and allow to simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with crackers, biscuits, or bread of choice.
NOTE: I put these three jars in the freezer by using clean jars, fresh seals, and rings. I made sure the soup was cooled over night in the refrigerator, filled the jars leaving room for expansion, used my Food Saver jar attachment to remove the excess air from the jar, and applied the rings. Make sure to stand these upright in the freezer. Total prep and cooking time is about 1 1/2 hours.